I've made a few in my day, and I only remember two that I ever kept.
To gain weight because I was looking a little thin.
In a dream.
OK, no that never happened, the dream or that resolution. So sad.
The real resolution took place in January of 2012. For a few months prior I was cleaning out and decluttering. Then I discovered blogging and realized all the stuff I was cleaning out were treasures that I just needed to learn to display properly. (See my previous post about the metal ware on my mantel).
There is nothing fashionable about storing treasures in a box. Instead, I have now filled the garage with junk I can look at every freaking day, and realized for me, what a silly resolution decluttering was to begin with.
The resolve for '12 was to use up all my shampoos and conditioners before I bought anything new to try. Nothing earth shattering or life altering but I wanted to make a difference in my own bathroom, which is where I contemplate all my earth shattering and life altering concepts.
Only thing that happened was I got 10 years older and my hair started to go gray. For all I know one of those shampoos is what caused those two things to happen in the first place.
I realize you would not have thought me a shampoo hoarder. Proves you can't judge a
|Bath & Body Works good Smelling Vanilla Sugar & VO5.|
Highlighted with Bliss Ranch's color choice of the year "Greige"
Reflecting on the past year of de-shampooing I have made some
discoveries and observations.....
1. The cheap crap worked as good as the expensive stuff. (Hear that Molton Brown! Or is that Alton Brown? One is from the food network.)
2. The expensive stuff looks more fancy schmancy in my bathroom shower.
3. No one sees my bathroom shower.
4. I am thankful no one sees my bathroom shower.
|Top half of a shampoo hoarders shower|
5. I don't like shampoos that come in a flip top tube. You can't get the goo out after the tube takes on air, and if you stand it on end to better enable goo exit you better be darn sure the cap is on tight or your goo ends up seeping out all over making a gooey shampoo shower puddle. That is IF you can even make the flip top lid shut right and stand up!
|More hated flip tops. *Bliss Ranch highlighted in color of the year Emerald Green|
6. Some shampoo smells better than others.
7. No one notices that unless their nose is in my hair.
8. I go no where that it's necessary for someone's nose to be in my hair.
9. The only one that it matters too how my shampoo smells is me.
10. I can only smell my shampoo while I am in the shower.
11. The smell only matters till I get out and put in mousse, add hair spray or put on perfume.
12. And what about sample sizes lifted from hotels to send with my kids to camp?
13. I have no kids going to camp anymore.
14. The only cure for the frizzies caused by summer humidity, is sub zero Winter temps. There is no shampoo-conditioner combo that can fix it or mimic Winter and there is no frizz in Minnesota in January and no sub zero temps in July.
15. I had a disproportionate amount of shampoos to conditioners left. Is that normal?
And last of utmost importance:
16. If you wash and condition your hair but decide you don't have to leave the house so why bother to dry and style it, without a doubt that is the day the FedEX or UPS man will ring the bell.
Every. Single. Time.
And he knows you're in there.
So my resolution for 2013 is to blow dry and style my hair after each shower. Maybe the UPS man will be so captivated by my fabulous hair that he won't notice I'm still in my jammies at 2:00 in the afternoon.
If he arrives after 3:00 I make someone else answer the door.
Want to poke fun at yourself? Let one of us know you want to join in for Tongue in Cheek Tuesday, which happens every month, (maybe), on Tuesday, (but sometimes not). My last/first Tongue in Cheek Tuesday was on a Thursday. Who cares right?
Subscribe, Bliss Ranch arrives magically!